Among the people reporting high debt stress in the new poll:
* 27% had ulcers or digestive tract problems, compared with 8 % of those with low levels of debt stress.
* 44% had migraines or headaches, compared with 15%
* 29% suffered severe anxiety, compared with 4%
* 23% had severe depression, compared with 4%
* 6% reported heart attacks, double the rate for those with low debt stress.
* More than half, 51%, had muscle tension, including pain in the lower back. That compared with 31% of those with low levels of debt stress.